Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The rumors are true; Arcade Fire is amazing

But surprisingly, not the best show I've seen this week...

When I saw the fall line up of bands hitting Vancouver over the next little bit, I knew I was in for a treat (my savings account, not so much).

As everyone knows, last night the Arcade Fire played in Vancouver. I've been a fan for years and years. It seems like every time I'm in the same town as them, something comes up and I can't make it to the show (I'm still kicking myself over the 2007 show at Radio City Music Hall in NYC while I was living there doing a semester in the city).

Anyway, last night I FINALLY got to see them live. It was great. They played their hit songs, the crowd loved it and the band genuinely seemed so thrilled to be in Vancouver. All in all, a fantastic performance. My only (teeny, tiny) complaint is that the venue was too big. I'd rather the Commodore, but hey, you can't win them all.

Phoenix

Moving on... the best show I've seen in ages (or at least this week); Phoenix on Sunday night. Wow! Almost too much to handle. Phoenix is one of those bands that you absolutely MUST see live. If you're not already a fan, you will be once you see them on stage.

I only started listening to Phoenix a couple months ago, and I'm head over heals in love with them now. I appreciate music that you can fall for after only one listen.

I hadn't planed on seeing Tokyo Police Club at the Commodore this weekend, but... I found tickets on Craigslist for only $20, so I couldn't say no. Quite frankly, I'd pay $20 cover to go to the Commodore even if there wasn't a band playing.

The show is this Saturday, bringing my concert total for the week up to 3. You know what they say right? Too much of a good thing can be... wonderful! (Thank you Mae West)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment