Thursday, September 9, 2010

"Leaf" summer behind; it's fall baby!

I’m loving that it already feels like fall out there. It’s always been my favorite season and I have to admit, I’m feeling a bit glum that I’m not going back to school this year. There’s just something about stepping into a school in September; the smell, the people, the CLOTHES! Life is good for students. (Not to mention that in September, school is all about getting organized and catching up with old friend; new work hasn’t been assigned yet).

Just because I’m a grownup now, doesn’t mean I have to give up all of my fall faves. That’s right; I’m talking about the fashion! With New York Fashion Week kicking off today, it seems like the perfect time to talk about one of my absolute favorite accessory trends I’ve spotted anywhere and everywhere; leaves.

I’ve seen leaf pendants on necklaces, earrings, broaches and even bracelets. It’s official, everyone must wear leaf shaped accessories this season. I’ve recently been wearing a leaf shaped barrette, (which I’m still not 100% sure where it came from). It’s something that turned up on my bathroom sink one day, I’m assuming it belongs to one of my girlfriends but I don’t know who, so I’ll just keep wearing it until someone confronts me.

This trend is popping up across the board, I’m talking Birks, Lola, Holts, Fine Finds, you name it! It’s time to hang up your nautical themed summer clothes and step into fall with some adorable new pieces.

0 comments:

Post a Comment