Thursday, September 9, 2010

The PNE; 100 years of... deep frying?

It's been a crazy week, with hardly any time to blog. With Friday being so close I can taste it, things are finally starting to relax a little bit, thus allowing me time to post a quick blog about my 1st ever trip to the PNE over the weekend.

Most Vancouverites have been going to the PNE every year (for the last 100 years) to enjoy the animals, markets, shows and of course, deep fried everything! I indulged in the mini doughnuts, Ukrainian food and a couple bites of a pulled pork sandwich, but that's where I drew the line. As appealing as deep fried butter sounds... I'm going to have to pass.

I loved the atmosphere at the PNE. Everyone was so happy to be there. I thought it was a bit expensive ($20 to get in, plus $42 to go on the rides), but I guess that comes with the territory. My only complaint is that I wish I’d planned the trip better. We didn’t go to any of the shows, which I hear are amazing, and had I known it was cheaper to get in after 9; I would have definitely been up for a night time visit.

The PNE has packed up for this year, but 2011 better watch out; now that I’m an experienced PNE’er, I’ll be back with vengeance! Mini doughnuts beware!

0 comments:

Post a Comment