Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Feature Recipes

When I hear the word Guacamole my mouth immediately starts to water.

I first discovered "guac" back in university. Turns out I'd been missing out on the most amazing part of nachos my whole life. My roommates and I quickly became addicted, camping outside the grocery store, waiting for fresh avocado arrivals to get our next fix (I'm exaggerating a little bit here).

The best part about guacamole is that you really can't screw it up. There isn't really a need for a recipe, since you can put whatever you want in it and still be happy with the outcome. But for the sake of having a guideline, this recipe is key;

Ingredients
3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup diced onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions
1.In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.

Personally, I would suggest a bit more lime juice and a lot more cilantro. I'm also a big fan of spice, so I like to add in a chopped jalapeno.  
 

 
The sun is shining and it's the Friday of a long weekend (basically the last weekend of summer). Why not have your friends over for a Corona on the deck, and whip up some guacamole for the perfect afternoon fiesta!

0 comments:

Post a Comment