Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fashionably Warm This Fall

It's September 1st today. Not quite fall, but getting close enough to plan your fall wardrobe. My favorite trend that reemerges every year is tights! Just to clarify, I am not talking about tights instead of pants (Still my all-time favorite Gossip Girl scene; Blair yelling at a girl in the quad "TIGHTS ARE NOT PANTS!!!!!!") I'm talking about the tights you wear under a skirt or dress. Nylons, leotards, leggings, whatever you want to call them.

Oscar de la Renta knows what I'm talking about. I seriously love these blue checkered tights in his latest campaign spreads.

If Oscar is out of your budget (lets be honest, with a $990 price tag, these tights are definitely out of mine) there are lots of great alternatives like H&M, Joe Fresh and the Gap. You can probably even find decent ones at Wal-Mart.

Today is Wednesday, and I've worn this look already twice this week. So far I’ll chalk it up to the chilly weather, but if I try to pull it off again before Friday, I may need a leotard intervention. Then again, why fight a good thing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment