Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Recipe

I’ve been pretty absent on the web this week as I’ve been in meetings in Toronto, and last night hopped a flight to New Brunswick to visit with friends and family. It’s always fun to come home and see my loved ones, and even more fun is having my parents cook for me!


Tonight we’re hosting a BBQ with the traditional summertime favourites - burgers, sausage, chips & dip and my number one summer treat; corn on the cob! My recipe today is a simple twist on my old time fav, BBQ corn on the cob.

  • Soak the corn (husks still on) in a pot of cold water, and let it soak for 2-3 hours
  • Now place the wet corn (still in their husks) directly on the BBQ at a low temperature
  • Close the cover and let it steam for about 15 minutes.
Voila! This couldn’t be easier, even if it tried. The best part is that the corn is so juicy it hardly needs butter. (Now that our clothes are feeling a bit snug, we’re asking ourselves why we gave in to all of the ice cream, patio beers and corn dog cravings all summer).

Celebrate the end of the season with a BBQ of your own, and let me know your corn on the cob secrets!

0 comments:

Post a Comment