Thursday, November 3, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah

Here's the back story:

Years ago I bought an iPod touch. I was still completely committed to Blackberry at the time so an iPhone was a no-no. Anyway, I loved my iPod and had literally, thousands of songs on it. One day my computer crashed and instead of fixing it I got a new one. Only problem was that I couldn't figure out how to get the songs off of my iPod and onto my new computer. Then came the day I tossed the Blackberry and got an iPhone. Still with me?

Anyway, because I couldn't get the songs off of my old iPod, getting them on the iPhone was totally out of the question. I thought I was doomed to re-download the music, until a dear friend did some sort of sorcery on the iPod and long story short, I was able to get my old music on my iPhone. (BTW - anyone want an old iPod Touch?)

So I've been listening to my fav tunes from a few years back now ever since, and am falling in love with the music all over again. Before moving on to the new "cool" bands, I needs to make sure everyone is aware of the old ones. Case in point; Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah.

I've had their self titled album playing for the last week. Love it! And I'm not alone in that sentiment; in 2005 when the album was released, Pitchfork gave it a 9 out of 10.

My favourite track is The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth. Gross name, I know, but don't let that put you off.

I think if I were a runner, this would totally be my running song.


0 comments:

Post a Comment