Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Black's Not Back

I have been pleasantly surprised this season by the abolishment of black nail polish. For the last few years black nail polish was dominating the finger tips of fashionistas everywhere, and though we're all guilty of going Goth at some point, let's be honest; this is Avril Lavigne's signature look. Avril Lavigne. When would we ever take fashion tips from a girl who dresses like a 15 year old "Sk8r Boi"? I'll admit, now that she's toting around Brody Jenner (possibly the best accessory she's ever owned) Avril has become more appealing to me, but I digress...

Nail polish trends this fall/winter have been putting a smile on my face. I recently noticed one of my besties wearing the perfect grey polish. I had to ask her where it was from. Expecting OPI or something even more pricey, I was shocked that it was from American Apparel. Love it!

"Mouse" By American Apparel $6

Another color that I'm digging is this khaki-green shade by Essie. I know, I know, it looks a lot like grey in the picture, but trust me, this definitely has a green tint in person. Not to mention, could the name be any cuter?

"Sew Psyched" By Essie

Finally, the one color that I will wear year round is a classic red. My absolute favorite is Lancome's No. 104. I first bought this polish two years ago and keep going back for more. Red, well kept nails look great on everyone. Just remember to keep the nails short when you're going bold. This isn't the early 90's ladies. Scale back.

No. 104 By Lancome

2 comments:

Grey is my absolute favourite colour of nail polish.

I've been thinking I need a bottle of gray nail polish! Thanks for the heads up about American Apparel selling them!

Post a Comment