Saturday, November 20, 2010

Holiday Shopping

I was having some internet issues and didn't get a chance to blog much over the last few days, but fear not; my internet is back and I have lots to talk about.

As if last night's snow fall wasn't enough to remind us the holidays are quickly approaching, many boutiques around Yaletown had special Christmas shopping events this past week including Boudoir, Noir Lash Lounge, Beauty Mark, The Cross and more. The best part about shopping events are the discounts (and the munchies)!

Thursday night I hit up 100 Days for dinner with a girlfriend. If you haven't been yet, time is running out. As I'm sure you all know, it's the new restaurant/lounge at the Opus Hotel that will only be in operation for 100 days. We shared the Nacho Fondue, Truffle Parm Fries and Fish Tacos (obviously throwing caution to the wind in the calorie counting department). As you can imagine, it was all mouthwatering and delicious.

Then we headed over to Boudoir to take advantage of their 30% off special for the evening. I love Boudoir! I walked away with this amazing MinkPink sweater (in charcoal, not cream). The lovely ladies of Boudoir also hooked me up with a gift card through a Twitter contest, which made the already 30% off, even more appealing. To top it all off, they had fantastic swag bags. Too many goodies to mention them all, but think; Stripped, Blo, Noir Lash Lounge, Skoah and Bombay Brow Bar.


Next stop is every girly girl's dream shop; Beauty Mark. Also getting into the holiday spirit, their store was full of yummy chocolate treats plus 15% off the entire store. I know many fashionistas are strongly opposed to tights in lieu of pants, but I must admit, I'm guilty. In order to pull off my favourite fashion faux pas this winter, I need something a bit more heavy duty. Have you heard of Plush tights? I just discovered the joys of these fabulous fleece lined tights. I picked up a pair of the Stirrup Fleece-lined Tights and am currently having a love affair with them. Too comfortable for words.


Needless to say, even with the debut of Lanvin for H&M today, my shopping binges must be put on hold for a while. Christmas is just around the corner and so far I've only bought gifts for myself. (This is a true story; I promised myself I wouldn't wear the tights until Christmas morning). My biggest indulgence this weekend will be the free McDonald's coffee (as if I haven't talked about it enough already). The location at the library has a tent set up outside. You don't even need to go inside to get your java fix!

0 comments:

Post a Comment