Sunday, November 28, 2010

Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy = Brilliant

Thank God. Seriously. How annoying was Kanye West getting? For the last few years, Kanye's self righteous attitude has been beyond irritating, and after not producing results, I was ready to forget about him all together. His publicity stunts with Taylor Swift, his failed Louis Vuitton sneaker line and his all around arrogance was a huge turn off for me.


He's still got that famous attitude problem, but at least he's putting out some of the best music I've heard this year. I'm not alone in that sentiment either, Pitchfork gave his new album a 10 out of 10 rating (which almost never happens), and Rolling Stone a 5 out of 5.

As I'm sure you've already heard, Kanye directed a 35 minute video to go along with the new album called Runaway, featuring clips from every song. I think the video is as epic as the album.

I'd love to say I have a favourite song on My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, but I think it's too soon commit. What I will say is that even for the non-hiphop lovers out there, you need to listen to this album at least twice. It's too good to miss out on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment