Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Social Network

How many of you ran out to see The Social Network over the course of the last week? I certainly did! Best Saturday night ever.

I saw Mark Zuckerberg on the Oprah show earlier last week, where he stated that the movie is purely entertainment, but after watching the film, I'm not so sure it's all as fictional as he would like us to believe. A quick search on Google paints a different image of the "shy" Zuckerberg, with leaked (juicy!) text messages about the Winklevoss twins and interviews where he seemingly talks down to the reporter.

The funny thing is, I think I like this version of Zuckerberg more than his squeaky clean, geeky image he's trying to hard to portray.

If you haven't seen the movie yet, I think it's definitely worth the $12. I really enjoyed the story and couldn't help but day dream about becoming a billionaire myself after watching it (very unlikely). It also brought back memories of when I was first introduced to Facebook, back when you had to have a student email address in order to sign up.

Facebook has literally become our lifeline for communicating with friends, family and even total strangers, with most of us logging on everyday. Social networking is more than just a movie; social networking is our way of life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment