Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fresh | Local | Wild

Kudos to the city of Vancouver and all of the recent gourmet street food carts that have been popping up. Case in point, Fresh, Local, Wild, located on Granville St. at the corner of Robson.

When they say this food rivals your favorite restaurant, they aren't kidding. I had the Hot Smoked Northern Coho Salmon Sandwich, and the Chanterelle Mushroom Poutine (as pictured). Wowsa! As far as the sandwich is concerned, the coleslaw was the cherry on top for me; talk about perfection! The salmon was beyond fresh. (It seriously tasted like it had been swimming in the ocean a mere hours before it entered my tummy.)

Photo Courtesy of Maurice Li 

As a person who was born and raised on the east coast, I know poutine. We have poutine carts on every block, but none of them are smothered in chanterelle mushrooms. I am loving this twist on my old favorite.

Chef Josh Wolfe and Andy Fielding were both hanging out at the cart when I stopped by. These guys are friendly, chatty and above all else, excited about what they're selling.

I was telling a friend about Fresh, Local, Wild and they were immediately concerned about the price. "How expensive is this place?". Surprisingly, not expensive at all. A poutine at Mega-Bites costs $5.99. They make it in the microwave and the fries come out of a deep freeze. A poutine at F.L.W. costs a mere $3!

Do yourself a favor and check this cart out. It's amazing and the only problem with something this good is it means I'll need to increase my gym routine because there's no way I can stay away.

Fresh Local Wild on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment