Monday, August 29, 2011

"Watch the Throne", more like watch my mouth

I am SO glad I didn't post this when I had originally written it; I had no idea what I was talking about.

Originally I wanted to say something about Kanye West and his Pichfork rated 10 out of 10 album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. I had planned on saying that the bar was set too high and he could never accomplish that again. I was prepared to call Watch the Throne "really good".

Shame on me.

I bought the deluxe version of the Jay-Z and Kanye West masterpiece on iTunes (that's right, I still buy my music). It's been on repeat on my iPhone since the purchase. Every single time I listen to this album I find another reason to love it.

Initially my favourite song was Why I Love You, which is easily the catchiest song on the album, but after countless listens, I can no longer pick a fav.

The songs I find myself listening to over and over are (in no particular order) Lift off, Welcome to the Jungle, H*a*m and Ni**as in Paris.

In honour of last night's huge announcement that Jay-Z and Beyonce are expecting their first bebe, here is Lift Off.

1 comments:

i still got the album on repeat till this day....its a timeless classic.:) cant wait for WTT 2

Post a Comment